Friday, October 31, 2008

More projects...


So on Wednesday night I was cleaned the master bathroom and I asked John to turn on the fan to circulate the air (I can't reach the pull, and I'm scared I'll pull the whole thing down on me...). So he comes in and turns off the light by mistake and fumbling around in the dark he tried to click it back on and mistakenly snapped the pull off. So I plugged in a nightlight to use for the rest of the night and heard a loud pop and saw a spark. The plug blew! What next was all I could think. See the previous owners thought all that was needed in that bathroom was the ceiling fan with a light kit (that didn't belong to that fan it was way to big... I'd hit my head on it sometimes), and they installed the wrong outlets for a bathroom. They were regular plugs but bathrooms are supposed to have GFI's( which are the ones with switches that shutoff the plug if water comes into contact with it. Enter my electrician husband to the rescue. After I spent more than an hour at Lowe's the next day only to walk away with nothing...John came home with a vanity light kit and new GFI plugs.Yeah! Here's the finished product the new Vanity lights(I had to take 2 bulbs out because they're soooo bright!), the improved ceiling fan.



***Additional note*** John wanted to make sure I add that this is considered a re-model since there was no vanity before.

No comments:

Post a Comment