Friday, October 31, 2008

AAACK!!!!

So a friend of mine gets phished quite frequently on myspace. So a few days ago spam was being sent out from her account and I dropped her a line to say ..."hey dummy your account got phished again!" Then when I tried to login yesterday I got a notice that my account had been phished. Now let me tell you about "phishing"....some individuals are quite skilled at creating fake myspace homepages and get you to login to their page then *poof* they have your e-mail and password and send out mass e-mails,bulletins, and comments all from your myspace account. Now because I had written to my friend after she had been phished the wonderful people behind myspace figured I had been too and locked my account. Now here's the thing ...I hadn't been phished! And to top everything off I didn't know my password...it was saved to my computer...therefore I couldn't have entered it on anyone's site except the real myspace. So I contacted customer service which promptly replied with a very generic e-mail...they obviously had not read my e-mail. So I replied and sent them the info they required again along with my story...SIX e-mails later I was to this point.... see below

Please quit sending me generic phishing e-mails! I need a new password so I can login. YOU BLOCKED THE WRONG PERSON!!!!!! I was NOT phished I repeat was NOT!!!!! Now please read my previous e-mail closely..... I need a password because I don't know mine but when I request it through the login screen nothing happens...I've been trying to retrieve my password for months now and now that I've been locked out because I supposedly was phished....which I wasn't BTW go back and look, my friend Aerin Dragonsong was ...NOT ME!!!
Also here's my salute....this is me... see attached photo....send me a new password to this e-mail address PLEASE!?!

Shawnra



**Side note... I was furious at this point and just wanted to delete my account which they wouldn't allow. Unbelieveable!!! And a salute is a pic of myself. I had to send 2! Not one but 2!! Because they wanted a better photo and a different note(see below). AAAACK!!


So 8 e-mails later I simply sent this reply.... "Quit sending generic e-mails and actually read the MESSAGE!!!". To which I finally received this reply today

"Hello,


Your request has been fulfilled!"

Unfrickinbelievable!!! AAACK!!!! (but everything is fixed now)

No comments:

Post a Comment