Monday, September 14, 2009

ouch

Colitis.....

Recently I went to urgent care because I had severe pain in my abdomen and (if you're squeamish don't read the next few words) I was pooing blood. The doc put me on an antibiotic IV drip (2 different kinds) then sent me on my way with a prescription for 2 antibiotics to take at home. I saw improvement after 4 days ...no more blood. But somehow yesterday afternoon it came back. Now the doc was speculating that I have something called Colitis and that it would clear up in a about 7-14 days. Well it didn't, and my lab results are not back yet.... ARGH! I'm soo frustrated because it's very VERY painful but I have no answer as to what it could be for sure. Just speculation from the doc... diverticulitis, colon cancer,salmonella, e-coli or colitis, but no lab results still.

However on the sunny side.... I no longer have 10lbs to lose ... 5 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment