Sunday, April 20, 2008

A "Solid" Day



So we started William on solids today. ::Sniffle:: I didn't want to, but ..he's been grabbing my food and trying to eat it...so I figured it was time. He told me in his own way he was ready and I reluctantly listened. John and I took turns feeding him the rice cereal, and I don't know how he managed it but by the time John was done feeding him he had rice cereal in his hair, eyelashes, and nose. At one point John said "Oh no it's in his eye!" Now how he got the stuff in William's eye is beyond me but he did.::Sigh::
As some of you might know I finally received the ok from Workers Comp Insurance to have my knee surgery, to repair the damage from the accident in April of 2005.... 3 long years. Now May 9th is rapidly approaching, and I'm worried how William will take it. He usually nurses himself to sleep every night, but after the surgery I won't be able to nurse him for at least 3 weeks. I'm hoping solids will help a little. Anyway I'm kinda nervous, but more for how my little boy will handle going essentially cold turkey from the nip. He'll drink from a bottle once in awhile, but usually gets his milk straight from the source. Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment